- Buy With Confidence
- We're the ExpertsAsk us anything
- Free Ground Shipping On U.S. orders over $99
- Price Match Guarantee We match all advertised prices
- Fast & Easy Shipping No Hassle Returns made easy
BD Diesel Transmission Kit | 1991-1993 5.9L Dodge 518 2wd
Your transmission was only designed to handle the torque and horsepower the stock engine delivers, and in the case of some Dodge models, even the stock torque can present a challenge. So when you start adding power modules, turbo upgrades and other bolt-ons, it's only a matter of time before the transmission wears out and eventually fails. BD transmissions for the 2wd 1991-1993 5.9L Dodge 518 are built specifically to handle the high torque loads of diesel engines at our state-of-the-art transmission facility. We re-program the valve body for higher line pressure, and add heavy-duty clutches with up to 25% more material than stock. The stock thrust washers, which disintegrate and leave metal filings in your transmission, are replaced with roller Torrington bearings. We install a new billet input shaft for applications with extra big tires and modified power levels.
Inside each transmission is a NEW DESIGN valve body that achieves up to 80% higher clutch apply pressures over the stock unit and up to 50% over the competitors with the pressure increase starting at much lower engine rpm's and at lighter throttle pedal position movement. Light throttle shift firmness is also maintained at these higher apply pressures and no shuttle shifting problems.
BD Diesel transmission packages also include a BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pans’ which adds extra oil capacity and reduces case flex, plus, includes a BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection.
Each transmission is dyno-tested to make sure it functions properly in all gears, then the pan is dropped and everything inspected and adjusted before it is shipped to you in one of our containers. Torque Converters sold separately.
- All new bushings
- New design valve body
- Stock thrust washers replaced with roller Torrington bearings saves governor solenoids and reduces friction
- Drilled intermediate shaft for increased lube
- Modified manual valve for lube in all positions
- 47RE transmissions upgraded with more rugged 48RE components
- New input shafts and hub
- Pan adds 1qt extra oil capacity
- Up to 80% higher clutch apply pressures over the stock unit
- Pressure increase starts at much lower engine rpm's and at lighter throttle pedal position movement
- Light throttle shift firmness is also maintained
- No shuttle shifting problems
- Upgraded governor pressure transducer (47RE/48RE)
- Upgraded governor solenoid - Twice the burst pressure than stock
- Cooler line case saver in every transmission
- Added heavy-duty clutches with up to 25% more material than stock
- Machined forward (rear) beveled pressure plate
- Machined overdrive brake (front & rear) pressure plate
- Machined direct clutch (front) piston
- High temp/energy Raybestos band
- Billet band strut & anchor
- Billet dual ring accumulator piston
- BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection
- Fully rollerized geartrain
- Increase the durability of your drivetrain
- Revised oil circuits
- Handles up to 300% more power and torque than the stock transmission
- Extra clutches and stronger internals
- BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pan
- Pan reduces case flex
- Pan reduces internal oil leakage
- Pan heat-dissipating fins keep temperature down
- Pan magnetic drain plug
- Not warranted for Race or Sled Pull use
- Each transmission is dyno tested
- 150,000 Miles
Important Note: No Race abuse covered. Remote filter required for inspection with cooler flow rate in GPM at Oil/Air transmission cooler outlet.
Important Note: BD torque converter must be installed at the time of installation of the transmission - use of a 3rd party or OE converter will invalidate the transmission warranty.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 240.0 lbs.
- W23.5000” x H44.5000” x L27.3000”
- Free Shipping!