- Buy With Confidence
- We're the ExpertsAsk us anything
- Free Ground Shipping On U.S. orders over $99
- Price Match Guarantee We match all advertised prices
- Fast & Easy Shipping No Hassle Returns made easy
BD Diesel Transmission Kit | 2001-2004 6.6L GM Duramax LB7 Allison 1000 4wd
The introduction of the Allison 1000 transmission to the diesel truck market restored confidence in consumers that an automatic transmission can indeed handle the demands of exhaust braking and diesel engine torque. But while the Allison is suitable for stock applications, BD Diesel has found that it does have its limitations — particularly when flywheel horsepower exceeds 370 horsepower. That's when the stock clutch packs can begin to slip, putting the computer in the dreaded “limp home" mode.
BD Diesel has made several modifications to the 4wd 2001-2004 GM Duramax LB7 Allison to suit the demands of high-performance and heavy-duty usage. We add 20% more friction material than stock, and increase main line oil pressure to increase clamping force on the clutch packs. If you've modified or plan to modify your Duramax the first step should be a BD Diesel transmission.
- Increase the durability of your drivetrain
- Revised oil circuits
- Handles up to 300% more power and torque than the stock transmission
- Extra clutches and stronger internals
- BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pan
- Pan adds 3.5qt extra oil capacity
- Pan reduces case flex
- Pan reduces internal oil leakage
- Pan heat-dissipating fins keep temperature down
- Pan magnetic drain plug
- New convertor lock up valve to boost lock-up pressures
- Updated lube
- Updated regulator
- Updated pressure release spring
- 20% more friction surface
- High energy clutch material
- Added extra frictions
- Modified power pistons
- Modified hydraulics
- New return springs
- Increased main line oil pressure
- Modified separator plate for short crisp shifts
- New A & B trim valves, springs and solenoids
- Clutch Count: C1 8
- Clutch Count: C2 7
- Clutch Count: C3 6
- Clutch Count: C4 6
- Clutch Count: C5 7
- Not warranted for Race or Sled Pull use
- Each transmission is dyno tested
- 150,000 Miles
Important Note: No Race abuse covered. Remote filter required for inspection with cooler flow rate in GPM at Oil/Air transmission cooler outlet.
Important Note: BD torque converter must be installed at the time of installation of the transmission - use of a 3rd party or OE converter will invalidate the transmission warranty.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 240.0 lbs.
- W23.5000” x H44.5000” x L27.3000”
- Free Shipping!