- Buy With Confidence
- We're the ExpertsAsk us anything
- Free Ground Shipping On U.S. orders over $99
- Price Match Guarantee We match all advertised prices
- Fast & Easy Shipping No Hassle Returns made easy
BD Diesel Stage 5 Track-Master Transmission Kit | 1996-1997 5.9L Dodge Cummins 47RE 4wd
For applications that are pushed to the limits on the track, BD Diesel offers their Dodge Track-Master Competition series – built to take the extreme horsepower and torque. Features “Big" fine spline input shaft, all hardened shafts, billet steel direct drum, one piece servo/cover, extra wide solid band with red lining, racer red forward/direct frictions, koline forward/direct steals, auxiliary filter kit and heavy duty pan.
BD Diesel's Stage 5 Track-Master Transmission Kit for the 4wd 1996-1997 5.9L Dodge Cummins 47RE features BD's “Big" fine spline input shaft, 0.125 thicker than the stock size shaft and includes a hardened billet hub. By increasing the clutch apply piston width we increase apply pressure, and, by decreasing piston thickness we can install up to 30% more clutch surface. Matching BD's Big bore, fine spline triple Torque Force Converter to the Big Shaft make them designed for Competition to 550 RWHP and above applications.
By design, OEM transmission Helical gears and engine torque thrusting causes stock plastic and Babbitt thrust washers to melt and break down contaminating lubrication oil and damaging solenoids. We remove the thrust washers and install roller bearings throughout the transmission which eliminates oil contamination, maintains tolerances, reduces heat and prevents premature solenoid failure.
Each transmission is dyno-tested to make sure it functions properly in all gears, then the pan is dropped and everything inspected and adjusted before it is shipped to you in one of our containers. Torque Converters sold separately.
- Clutch Count: OD 6
- Clutch Count: OD DIRECT 10
- New input shafts and hub
- Fully rollerized geartrain all thrust washers replaced with bearings
- Pan adds 1qt extra oil capacity
- New design full manual valve body
- Up to 80% higher clutch apply pressures over the stock unit
- Pressure increase starts at much lower engine rpm's and at lighter throttle pedal position movement
- Light throttle shift firmness is also maintained
- No shuttle shifting problems
- No 48RE 2-3 shuttle issue
- Upgraded governor pressure transducer (47RE/48RE)
- Upgraded governor solenoid - Twice the burst pressure than stock
- Cooler line case saver in every transmission
- Added heavy-duty clutches with up to 25% more material than stock
- Machined forward (rear) beveled pressure plate
- Machined overdrive brake (front & rear) pressure plate
- Machined direct clutch (front) piston
- Machined front ring gear
- High temp/energy Raybestos band
- Rigid intermediate band
- Billet band strut & anchor
- Billet dual ring accumulator piston
- Billet dual ring kickdown servo
- Billet front drum
- Billet output shaft
- Billet intermediate shaft drilled for increased lube
- Billet "Big" fine spline input shaft
- New stator support shaft
- Stock thrust washers replaced with roller Torrington bearings
- BD auxiliary full flow filter kit for extra protection
- Clutch Count: FORWARD 5
- Clutch Count: DIRECT 6
- BD rigid aluminum heavy duty transmission pan
- Pan reduces case flex
- Pan reduces internal oil leakage
- Pan heat-dissipating fins keep temperature down
- Pan magnetic drain plug
- Each transmission is dyno tested
- 150,000 Miles
Important Note: No Race abuse covered. Remote filter required for inspection with cooler flow rate in GPM at Oil/Air transmission cooler outlet.
Important Note: BD torque converter must be installed at the time of installation of the transmission - use of a 3rd party or OE converter will invalidate the transmission warranty.
Important Note: Big fine spline converter is required.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 240.0 lbs.
- W23.5000” x H44.5000” x L27.3000”
- Free Shipping!