No Hassle | Just Help
We Match All Legitimate Prices
Order by 2PM EST
We Know Trucks & Treeps
RedHead Steering Gear (18-1 Ratio) | RH2869-4T | 1994-2002 Dodge Cummins HD
Cores with broken shafts or cases will receive partial or no core refund.
Steering Gear Fits 1994-2002 Dodge 2500 and 3500 trucks with 18:1 gear ratio (This part is also available in the 15:1 ratio if you have a 1500 or gas 2500 truck.) RedHead also offers the frame stabilizers for this gear box. If you have a 1994 to 2002 2×4 Dodge then you need to order part number 32002. If you have a 1994 to 2002 4×4 Dodge then you need to order part number 32004. This gearbox allows you to retain the factory steering shaft, as well as the stock pitman arm. This is a major advantage especially those with lifted trucks with dropped pitman arms, you will not have to change your pitman arm.
- 12 Month Warranty
- Features factory 18:1 ratio to avoid any changes to the amount of steering wheel revolutions effecting how far the wheels travel
- Built in the USA
- Housings are machined out and replaced with needle bearings
- Shafts are flame sprayed or replaced as needed
- New control valves installed on some applications
- Worm and piston assembly are custom fit with special ordered, precise oversized ball bearings
- Sector shafts are installed on a lathe to confirm they are straight and true
- Sealing surface is polished to avoid any leaks
This box is the 4 turn lock-to-lock box, it is best for diesel vehicles with stock and larger sized tires. If you have a diesel with stock tires, you CAN use the 3 turn "quick ratio" box, select the option above.. but please understand these "quick ratio" boxes will not last as long in a diesel application vs the 4 turn box.
Please return core to: RedHead Steering Gears 4302 B ST NW AUBURN, WA 98001
- Please drain core of fluid and replace port plugs
- Use plastic bag that we sent your new gearbox in (if it’s still intact) or whatever is needed to keep box from leaking
- Re-use packing materials to ensure the box is returned to us without hassle from the courier
- Also, if possible, tape or re-tape the outside of the box to help strengthen it
If these steps aren’t properly performed, the gearbox may end up in hazmat and/or be returned to sender by courier.
- RedHead Steering Gears
- Item Requires Shipping
- 30.0 lbs.
- W13.0000” x H11.0000” x L8.0000”