- Buy With Confidence
- We're the ExpertsAsk us anything
- Free Ground Shipping On U.S. orders over $99
- Price Match Guarantee We match all advertised prices
- Fast & Easy Shipping No Hassle Returns made easy
RedHead Steering Gear | RH2858 | 1980-1991 Chevy/GMC
Cores with broken shafts or cases will receive partial or no core refund.
Steering Gear Fits most 1980 – 1991 Chevy/GMC K-Series (4WD) Pickups Suburban’s and Blazers. This steering gear’s pitman arm is the clamp style. If you have a nut and washer holding your pitman arm on, then you have our part number 2856. You can either order this gear and change your pitman arm or you can order the 2856. We do not have these pitman arms. If you have a 1988 to 1991 you need to determine which side of the frame your steering gear mounts on. This gear mounts on the outside of the frame. If your gear mounts on the inside of the frame then you want to order our part number 2864S or 2864L, depending on what tonnage your pickup is. This gear only comes in the 15:1 ratio. If you would like the 18:1 ratio please order our part number 2858 4T.
- 12 Month Warranty
- Features factory 15:1 ratio to avoid any changes to the amount of steering wheel revolutions effecting how far the wheels travel
- Built in the USA
- Housings are machined out and replaced with needle bearings
- Shafts are flame sprayed or replaced as needed
- New control valves installed on some applications
- Worm and piston assembly are custom fit with special ordered, precise oversized ball bearings
- Sector shafts are installed on a lathe to confirm they are straight and true
- Sealing surface is polished to avoid any leaks
Please return core to: RedHead Steering Gears 4302 B ST NW AUBURN, WA 98001
- Please drain core of fluid and replace port plugs
- Use plastic bag that we sent your new gearbox in (if it’s still intact) or whatever is needed to keep box from leaking
- Re-use packing materials to ensure the box is returned to us without hassle from the courier
- Also, if possible, tape or re-tape the outside of the box to help strengthen it
If these steps aren’t properly performed, the gearbox may end up in hazmat and/or be returned to sender by courier.
- RedHead Steering Gears
- Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra - Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 - Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 Suspension
- Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra - GMC Sierra 1500 - GMC Sierra 1500 Suspension
- Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra - GMC Sierra 2500/3500 - GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Suspension
- Gas Truck Parts - Chevrolet & GMC Trucks - Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra
- Shop By Vehicle - Suspension & Steering - Steering Gears
- Item Requires Shipping
- 30.0 lbs.
- W13.0000” x H11.0000” x L8.0000”
- Free Shipping!