No Hassle | Just Help
We Match All Legitimate Prices
Order by 2PM EST
We Know Trucks & Treeps
RedHead Steering Gear | RH2854 | 1977-1979 Chevy/GMC
Cores with broken shafts or cases will receive partial or no core refund.
Steering Gear Fits most 1977 – 1979 Chevy and GMC C-Series (2wd) Pickups. This steering gear has a nut and washer holding the pitman arm onto the sector shaft. If you have a clamp style pitman arm (notched sector shaft) then you have our part number 2855. This gear is a 15:1 ratio and is stock. If you would like an 18:1, please order this gear – 2854 4T. You can either order this gear and change the pitman arm or you can order the 2855. This gearbox allows you to retain the factory steering shaft, as well as the stock pitman arm. This is a major advantage especially those with lifted trucks with dropped pitman arms, you will not have to change your pitman arm.
- 12 Month Warranty
- Built in the USA
- Housings are machined out and replaced with needle bearings
- Shafts are flame sprayed or replaced as needed
- New control valves installed on some applications
- Worm and piston assembly are custom fit with special ordered, precise oversized ball bearings
- Sector shafts are installed on a lathe to confirm they are straight and true
- Sealing surface is polished to avoid any leaks
Please return core to: RedHead Steering Gears 4302 B ST NW AUBURN, WA 98001
- Please drain core of fluid and replace port plugs
- Use plastic bag that we sent your new gearbox in (if it’s still intact) or whatever is needed to keep box from leaking
- Re-use packing materials to ensure the box is returned to us without hassle from the courier
- Also, if possible, tape or re-tape the outside of the box to help strengthen it
If these steps aren’t properly performed, the gearbox may end up in hazmat and/or be returned to sender by courier.
- RedHead Steering Gears
- Item Requires Shipping
- 30.0 lbs.
- W13.0000” x H11.0000” x L8.0000”