No Hassle | Just Help
We Match All Legitimate Prices
Order by 2PM EST
We Know Trucks & Treeps
RedHead Steering Gear (18:1 Ratio) | RH18503 | 1974-1976 Jeep Cherokee
Cores with broken shafts or cases will receive partial or no core refund.
Steering Gear This gear is the 18:1 ratio of the 18501. All applications for the 18501 apply. If you want the 15:1 ratio, please order the 18501 for your application. If you want the 12.7:1 ratio, please order the 18501QW. This gearbox allows you to retain the factory steering shaft, as well as the stock pitman arm. This is a major advantage especially those with lifted trucks with dropped pitman arms, you will not have to change your pitman arm.
- 12 Month Warranty
- Built in the USA
- Housings are machined out and replaced with needle bearings
- Shafts are flame sprayed or replaced as needed
- New control valves installed on some applications
- Worm and piston assembly are custom fit with special ordered, precise oversized ball bearings
- Sector shafts are installed on a lathe to confirm they are straight and true
- Sealing surface is polished to avoid any leaks
Please return core to: RedHead Steering Gears 4302 B ST NW AUBURN, WA 98001
- Please drain core of fluid and replace port plugs
- Use plastic bag that we sent your new gearbox in (if it’s still intact) or whatever is needed to keep box from leaking
- Re-use packing materials to ensure the box is returned to us without hassle from the courier
- Also, if possible, tape or re-tape the outside of the box to help strengthen it
If these steps aren’t properly performed, the gearbox may end up in hazmat and/or be returned to sender by courier.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 30.0 lbs.
- W13.0000” x H11.0000” x L8.0000”