No Hassle | Just Help
We Match All Legitimate Prices
Order by 2PM EST (Exclusions Apply)
We Know Diesel Trucks & Equipment
RedHead 79-82 Toyota FJ-40 Steering Gear | 19705-A | 1979-1982 Toyota FJ-40, Inline 6, 4x4, Angle Mount
Cores with broken shafts or cases will receive partial or no core refund.
979-1982 Toyota FJ-40, Inline 6, 4x4, Angle Mount Steering Gear. Red-Head offers a porting option for those that are either already running a hydraulic assist steering, or plan to in the future. If you choose to make this upgrade to the box (from the drop down menu), your gear box will come with two extra pre-drilled and tapped ports with plugs. For clarification, hydraulic assist is NOT something your vehicle would have come from the factory with, rather it is an upgrade that adds a hydraulic ram to the steering linkage to aid in steering. Most vehicles do NOT have this option, thus if you are unsure if you have it, you probably do not.
- 12 Month Warranty
- Built in the USA
- Housings are machined out and replaced with needle bearings
- Shafts are flame sprayed or replaced as needed
- New control valves installed on some applications
- Worm and piston assembly are custom fit with special ordered, precise oversized ball bearings
- Sector shafts are installed on a lathe to confirm they are straight and true
- Sealing surface is polished to avoid any leaks
Please return core to: RedHead Steering Gears 4302 B ST NW AUBURN, WA 98001
- Please drain core of fluid and replace port plugs
- Use plastic bag that we sent your new gearbox in (if it’s still intact) or whatever is needed to keep box from leaking
- Re-use packing materials to ensure the box is returned to us without hassle from the courier
- Also, if possible, tape or re-tape the outside of the box to help strengthen it
If these steps aren’t properly performed, the gearbox may end up in hazmat and/or be returned to sender by courier.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 30.0 lbs.
- W13.0000” x H11.0000” x L8.0000”
- Free Shipping