- Buy With Confidence
- We're the ExpertsAsk us anything
- Free Ground Shipping On U.S. orders over $99
- Price Match Guarantee We match all advertised prices
- Fast & Easy Shipping No Hassle Returns made easy
Power Hungry Performance Hydra Chip Tuner | phpHYD | 1994-2003 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L
- Optimizes timing for more power and better mileage
- Increases fuel injector duration for more power
- Increase transmission shift firmness
- Give you safe towing programs for EGT control when loaded
- Daily street hot and economy programming for everyday drive-ability and power
- Extreme tuning for all out power and smoke
- Made in America
The Hydra is a plug in performance chip that provide engine optimized tuning directly to your 7.3 Powerstroke through the PCM data port. A chip that modifies the stock programming to give you more power by changing the injection timing and fuel delivery all within safe limits of the truck's capabilities. Offering up to 17 positions of performance that can be changed on the fly (while the truck is running) as driving conditions change. For example your towing in the normal tow 80hp setting and you come to a long steep grade, you can lower the programming to a setting like 60hp that keeps temperatures in check until you reach the top.
Featuring a digital LED switch that's show what position the chip is currently running and what power level. The hydra plugs into the computer with a flat ribbon cable that runs to the dash. The dash mounted LED switch is your controller for choosing your driving or towing program. You have the option to buy the remote tuning cable. This tuning cable allows you to change or add programming without ever pulling the chip from the pcm. It's not required to tune the chip.
This hydra is used for a stock truck without custom modifications. Works well with all intakes, exhaust systems, and stock transmissions. If you have extensive modifications you will need a custom programmed Hydra chip. You can download tunes to your Hydra at a later date from your home PC if you make upgrades later that requires custom tuning with the free tuning software from Power Hungry Performance. Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed, high quality, low cost alternative to many of the existing modules on the market today.
- Tune it yourself (Send blank) Pretty simple with a pc computer.
- Tune 6 - We put on the 6 most popular tunes free.
- Tune Max - We'll fill the chip with available programs. (up to 17 but commonly only 10-14 tunes) (+$10)
Calibrations Available With HydraFlash Software
- 0 HP Stock - Factory stock calibration with no modifications
- 0 HP Modified Stock - Useful for emissions or diagnostic purposes
- 25hp Extremely Heavy Tow - 12,500+ pounds
- 40hp Heavy Tow - 10,000 -12,500 pounds
- 65hp Moderate Tow - 7,500 - 10,000 pounds
- 80hp Light Tow - Up to 7,500 pounds
- 65hp Fuel Sippper - When the focus is strictly on fuel economy, early shifts to help keep RPMs low
- 40/65/80hp Daily Driver - Good for all-around daily driving and economy
- 65/80/100*hp Performance - A little more aggressive than a Daily Driver while still maintaining manageable smoke output
- 100*/120*hp Race - Play time! Offers a more aggressive fuel curve for improved low RPM response and top end power
- 140**hp Extreme - This is as big as it gets! (On stock injectors, anyway)
- High Idle - 1000/1100/1200rpm - Ideal for PTO operation or for faster warm-ups. We do not recommend exceeding 1,200rpm for safety reasons.
- Anti-Theft - Causes a "Dead Pedal" so vehicle will idle, but is not driveable
- Whisper Mode - Hit the drive-thru and place your order or do your banking without having to shut off your truck
- Valet Mode 25/35/45mph - Lowers the speed limiter
- Teen Driver 65 - Locks the speed limiter at 65mph
- Teen Driver 75 - Locks the speed limiter at 75mph
* Due to injector size limitations, stock 1994 to 1997 trucks will only have calibrations available up to 80HP. Early 1999 can go up to 100HP.**The 140X tune is not recommended on Late 2001 to 2003 vehicles with stock injectors because they have Powdered Metal Connecting Rods.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CALIBRATIONS
1994 to 1997 and early 1999 Power Stroke and International trucks are fitted with smaller volume injectors than the late 1999 and up Super Duty trucks, and as such are limited to increases of about 65 HP for the 1994 to 1997 and 100 HP for the early 1999. Some trucks, depending on tolerances, may be able to utilize up to 80 HP and 120 HP respectively, but we cannot guarantee that the power gains will be achieved.
1994-1997 TRUCKS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE POWER LIMITATIONS OF THE FACTORY STOCK INJECTORS. ADDITIONALLY, TRUCKS WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE PROGRAMMING CHANGES THAT ARE MADE TO SHIFTING BETWEEN TOW AND POWER CALIBRATIONS.
MODIFICATIONS THAT REQUIRE CUSTOM CALIBRATIONS:
- Modified Injectors (Stage 1, Stage 3, etc.)
- Heavily Modified Transmissions (DieselSite Legendary Trans, John Wood, BTS, etc.)
- Alternate fuels (veggie oil, waste oil, trans fluid)
- Engine mods such as camshafts, compression changes, cylinder head modifications
- Modified large single or twin turbos
- Aggressive high-pressure oil systems (Gen-2, Pulse, twin pump, etc.) EXCEPT for Adrenaline, SRP, and Terminator T-500
- Power Adders (Nitrous, Water/Meth, Propane)
- Power Hungry Performance
- Ford Powerstroke Parts - 1999-2003 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L Parts - Street Tuners & Monitors | 1999-2003 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L
- Ford Powerstroke Parts - 1994-1997 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L Parts - Street Tuners & Monitors | 1994-1997 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L
- Shop By Vehicle - Chips, Modules, & Tuners | Street & Competition - Street Tuners & Monitors
- Item Requires Shipping
- Free Shipping!